News from the KC DNA services
The Kennel Club has withdrawn CombiBreed, and have been working to relaunch a new and improved tool for owners and breeders. The new product, set to be released on the 1st November 2022, will be named The Kennel Club’s DNA Testing Services.
- The new product will be carried out by Weatherbys Scientific in Ireland, using top of the range equipment and in-house testing for the majority of tests, which will provide a more streamlined and efficient service.
- The Finnish lapphund package will include original DNA tests, GSDII and prcd-PRA, plus DNA profiling will be included as standard using the industry’s gold standard technique for profiling, producing a ISAG 2020 SNP profile
- Parentage verification will be available as an additional product for all breeds
Note prcd-PRA will also be available as a separate single test (please note single test packages do not come with profiling
The price for the breed package will be £140, with profiling included as standard at no additional charge. A 10% discount will be available for ABS breeders and KCAI members, and there will be a promotion throughout November whereby all packages for the breed will be £20 off.”
The data collated through this service will contribute towards further canine genetic research and aid The Kennel Club’s future health initiatives, and all funds are to be reinvested into ongoing research. More information at
- DNA testing | Dog health | The Kennel Club
- Dog health-related services & products | Kennel Club Shop (thekennelclub.org.uk)
The KC invite everyone to a DNA testing webinar on the 3rd November (7pm-8.30pm), which will give an opportunity to raise any queries you may have about DNA testing and the new initiative. You can subscribe to this free event via the link below:
Webinar | The science of DNA testing | Register today!